How long do hair extensions last is not a simple questions. It depends on various factors such as types, colors, texture, care etc. We get many questions that are related to this topic from our customers, because the lifespan of hair extensions plays an important role in purchasing process.
We believe that everyone wants to get quality and cheap goods, for hair extension, if possible, the longer it lasts, the better. So we will talk about this question in our article. How long do hair extensions last? How to extend the lifespan of hair extensions.
How Long Do Hair Extensions Last?
The lifespan of hair extensions depends on these factors:
* Human hair or Synthetic hair-- Generally speaking, the human hair is better than synthetic hair.
* Remy hair or no-remy hair-- As we all know, remy hair means the hair’s cuticles are kept intact and always going in one direction. So, remy hair will be last longer than no-remy hair.
* Texture-- Hair extensions usually come in straight wave, body wave, curly wave and deep wave. Straight hair lasts longer than curly hair extension when other factors are the same.
* The quality grade of the human hair-- Some suppliers use “A” as hair quality. 10A, 9A, 8A......., the higher-quality human hair, the longer it will last.
* The length of hair extensions-- If the length is too long, it will tangle easier, you need more time and patience to care for them.
* The color-- Usually, the dark color extensions are better than the blonde hair extensions. Because the 613 blond hair has been blenched by chemical.
* The Type of hair extensions-- clip in hair extensions, tape in hair extensions, fusion hair extensions etc. We will give the detailed information of different hair extensions.
How Long Do Clip-in Hair Extensions Last?
Clip-in hair extensions can be easily attached to natural hair, and you can install and remove them in just a few minutes. If properly took care of, the lifespan of the clip can be as long as three to six months, and then it will begin to wear out and need to be replaced. For high quality remy clip in hair extensions
, they will last 9-12 month.
How Long Do Tape-in Hair Extensions Last?
The average lifespan of tape-in human hair extension is 3 to 5 months. This assumes that you are using a higher quality remy human hair.
However, unlike other fusion types, tape in extensions
will remain intact for several months. In other words, the shortening of lifespan is due to constant shampooing, drying, curling and other procedures. Since these extensions are taped, and the tape may fall off, but you can switch the it. This method will allow you to reattach and reapply hair extensions as needed. This is a cool trick because it can greatly extend the lifespan of tape in hair extensions.
How Long Do Cold Fusion Hair Extensions Last?
The micro-link and i-tip hair extension
methods will last for 3-5 months. The better you take care of them, the longer they will last. This includes brushing your teeth carefully with a brush that is designed for extensions. Do not overheat with flat iron or curling irons. Wash only 2-3 times a week for best results.
How Long Do Hot Fusion Hair Extensions Last?
Keratin hair extensions last for 3 to 5 months, while sticky U-tip hair extensions
last 2 to 3 months. Manufacturers often use higher quality hair and keratin tips. In other words, the glue is for the cheapest buyer and therefore has a shorter life.
If you need something permanent, we recommend that you avoid using this kind of hair extensions.
How To Make Your Hair Extensions Last Longer?
Taking care of your hair extensions can be a daunting and time consuming task. However, proper care is the key to make sure hair extensions natural. Here are some tips and tricks to help you extend the lifespan of your hair extensions:
1. Always comb your hair
Hair extensions are easy to entangle. So you should comb your hair regularly. Make sure to comb your hair at least twice a day, and usually one more time before the shower. Use a wide loop brush to brush from bottom to top to avoid tangling.
2. Clean the hair extensionsonly when needed
Depending on the frequency of use, hair extensions only need to be washed every 30-35 days. Unlike natural hair, hair extension does not produce oil to keep hair moisturized. Make sure to use shampoo and conditioner without alcohol and sulphate to gently restore the extension.
3. Take them off while sleeping or exercising
Intense exercise can entangle your hair and tarnish. Sleeping with hair extensions can also cause damage. Be sure to always remove the hair extensions before exercising or going to bed. If for semi-permanent hair extensions, you’d better braid them when sleep.
4. Use hair care serum
To avoid breakage and damage to hair extensions, use protective hair cream regularly to make them look soft and natural. Try to avoid using the product with sulphate chemicals and alcohol.
5. Don’t swim with your hair extensions
Don’t swim with our hair extensions on summer holiday. The salt in the sea will damage your hair extensions.
Kriyya Hair is a well-known supplier and trader of 100% natural natural human hair. We are the best place to buy hair extensions online. We have various of hair extensions for your choice.